Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicken Salad with Fresh Crisp Apples

I love chicken salad. We go through these phases where I make it weekly, usually the summer months, then nothing. I have been wanting to make it for awhile, but was always missing one ingredient! Finally, I got it together.

Ingredients:

  • 4 Boneless, skinless, chicken breast
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 crisp apples, doesn't really matter the type as long as they are crisp (I used golden delicious) I don't care to take the skin off, but you can
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 6 slices of bacon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Rinse chicken breast and pat dry, slice into strips
  3. Season chicken breast with garlic salt, sea salt and pepper
  4. Place in glass baking dish, add enough water to cover 1/2 of the breasts, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 
  5. Fry bacon until it is crisp
  6. Chop all other ingredients and place in large bowl, mix with bacon
  7. Once chicken is done, allow to cool and slice into chunks
  8. Mix together, add mayonaise (I used 2 tblspn. wasabi blend for a little kick, and 1/4 c. of regular mayonaise)
  9. Mix together and serve on bread, or with crackers
Fresh. Crisp. Good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment